2018 Reading List


Image result for books


I know I know, I have been missing in action again and this post is almost two months late but better late then never.  Two of my New Year goals are reading for 45 minutes a day and reading at least 12 books for the year. In order to stick to this goal, I like to make a list of books that I plan to read for the year. Since I have so many thrifted books, the majority of my list will be books that I have thrifted and want to tackle. I have another goal for myself to not buy any more books until I have read a chunk of what I already have. I am going to share my book list with you in case you want to join me in reading them. I will post on my instagram (thrivingthrifts06) which book I am tackling for the month. Now, the first three books on the list I have already started and finished since I am posting this two months late.

This is a general list of all thrifted or gifted books. The order it is in doesn't mean that is the order I am going to read them in for the year. The list is subject to change some depending on the mood I am in. I try to put a range of genres on my list for those particular moods I may be in. I know my goal is 12 books read for the year but my list will consist of 15 for two reasons. The first reason is to give me options on books in case I decide I just don't want to tackle that particular book this year. The second reason is for if/when I go past my one book a month goal. I can tell you know that I am already passing that goal. I read 3 books in January and I am about to start my second February book tonight.

Well let me not delay this post any longer. Here is my list of 2018 Books to Read

1. Push by Ellen Latham- My mother in law, Kathy, lent me this book to read after she joined Orange Theory. I finished this book in January. It was a short read but gave me a lot of motivation to workout.
Image result for push orange theory book
2. Clean My Spave by Melissa Maker- This book was a Christmas gift and I finished it in January. It has great cleaning tips in it. Clean My Space is also a youtube channel that everyone should check out. Melissa and her husband make amazing videos on organization, cleaning, and must have products for around the house.
Image result for clean my space book
3. The Shack by WM. Paul Young- I finished this book in January because I wanted to watch the movie. This book was a gift a few years back and I finally got to reading it.
Related image
4. Gravel Queen by Tea Benduhn- I just finished this short young adult books. It wasn't my favorite but I have had it sitting on my bookshelf since high school and needed to get it out of the way. It will be a book I donate and I don't do that often.
Image result for gravel queen by tea benduhn
5. Grey by EL James- I thrifted this book for my mom since we read this books and watched the movies. Since the new one is about to go into theaters I thought it was the time to read the books as told by Christian.
Related image
6-12. Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling- I have read all the books and I normally don't read books twice but Harry Potter is an exception. I have been told reading the books again makes you learn a lot more that you didn't catch on the first time around. I have all of them expect for the first one which is the only book I am allowed to thrift this year if I come by it. I will not start these until I find the first one.
Image result for harry potter book series
13. After You by JoJo Moyes- Now I did cheat and thrifted this book this year but I had to. It was only 40 cents and last year I read Me before You and fell in love and want to find out what happens next.
Image result for after you
14. Misery by Stephen King- This book someone let me borrow and will be my suspense book for the year. After I read it I will be sure to watch the movie again to compare.
Image result for misery by stephen king pdf
15. A Good Dog by Jon Katz- I thrifted this while I was living in Florida. It will be the book for when I am in a good animal story.
Image result for a good dog by jon katz
16. Live an Eco-Friendly Life: Smart Ways to get Green and Stay That Way by Natalia Marshall- I know I said I was only going to list 15 but this is an extra short read that I have been wanting to get through for year. Might as well in 2018.
Image result for Live an Eco-Friendly Life: Smart Ways to get Green and Stay That Way by Natalia Marshall

Follow me on Instagram (thrivingthrifts06) to see what book I am reading for the month! Thanks for reading!













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Holiday Wreath

These are a Few of My Favorite Things.... to Thrift.