DIY Holiday Wreath


First I wanted to thank all of my fans for taking the time to read my blogs and participating in my contest last week! The answer to the contest question was books. My favorite thing to thrift is books. Even though, right now, I am not allowed to buy any because I have so many that I need to read first. I have no need to buy a book full price because I usually am able to find it in the thrift store. The only exception to my rule is Nicholas Sparks. He is my favorite author and if he comes out with a new book I go and get it!

Well it's that time of year to get into the Christmas spirit. Today was a day full of crafting for Ally and I, however, I can only show one of them because the others are gifts. Remember those holiday decorations I told you to look out for in the thrift store as holiday decor? Well, here is an idea of what to do with them. Now, on this specific craft I cheated a little. I used plastic Christmas ball ornaments that I got for a steal at after the holiday sales but the same concept can be used with thrifted ornaments.

Well let me stop blabbering and get started with this tutorial!

Step 1: Find and Gather your materials- I already had everything lying around the house but if you need certain supplies just run to the thrift store and get looking. For this project you will need the following materials:
Hot Glue Gun
Glue Sticks
Metal Hanger
Shatterproof Christmas Ball Ornaments (DO NOT PAY FULL PRICE)
Bow (optional)




















Step 2: Take your metal hanger and bend it into a circle or shape of your choice. This can be a little bit tricky but keep in mind it doesn't have to be perfect. In the end, it tends to work itself out.




















Step 3 (optional): Check all the caps of the ornament balls to see if they are loose. If so, take the caps off and secure them with a hot glue gun. This step can be time consuming but it makes a huge difference when you are packing the wreath away.


Step 4: Start looping the ornaments onto the hangers. Make sure to mix up the colors if using more than one and make sure to do your best at filling in all the gaps.



Step 5: Seal it up. Twist the hanger back together near the hook.



















Step 6 (Optional): Add embellishments such as a bow, wooded shape like a snowman, LED lights, ribbon, or words.

Step 7: Hang it up with a command strip or wreath hanger and enjoy the view! I love how this turned out. It's not perfect but it's my own and I didn't have to spend $40 on a wreath! This projected ended up being less than $8!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

These are a Few of My Favorite Things.... to Thrift.

2018 Reading List